In 2012, Invisalign organized a smile survey to know how much importance people place on a beautiful smile. The result of that survey showed that most people do not want to go on a second date with someone whose teeth do not look good. These persons also felt that having bad teeth is a disadvantage during a job interview.
First impressions also matter, and having a beautiful smile influences your first impression. If your teeth are not aligned properly, and your smile is not perfect, you can find an Invisalign provider London to guide you through an Invisalign treatment to realign your teeth.
What are the advantages of Invisalign?
All you need to correct your orthodontic problems such as overbites, gap teeth, underbite, and other dental imperfections is an experienced Invisalign provider. Invisalign is an effective orthodontic treatment that offers the following advantages when compared to stainless steel or titanium braces.
- Invisalign aligners are clear and almost invisible. They are made from plastic material that is molded to fit each patient’s teeth perfectly. The aligners do not spoil your smile in any way during your treatment.
- With Invisalign, you can take out your aligners to eat whatever you want without worrying about food getting stuck between metal brackets and wires that would require extra effort to clean.
- Invisalign is removable so you can take them out at any time for an important event when you want to play contact sports or clean your mouth,
- Invisalign does not have sharp edges that may cause injuries and soreness inside the gum. The aligners are more comfortable than metal braces.
- The aligners are custom-made to fit every patient so you can comfortably wear them for a long time.
- Adults are suitable for both adults and children.
If you are worried about straightening your teeth, being able to eat whatever you want, and brush without stress, Invisalign may be the right option for you. Look out for the best Invisalign provider London and get started on your treatment immediately.
Who cannot use Invisalign?
Most persons would be able to use Invisalign braces, but you may have to settle for other orthodontic treatments if you are in the following categories.
- You smoke and not willing to stop during your treatment. Smoking may change the color of the aligner and stain them, which would make the aligners unattractive during your treatment.
- You are not disciplined enough to wear your aligners for at least twenty hours daily. Invisalign is removable, and you are in control of your treatment, but for your treatment to be successful, you need to wear your aligners as instructed by your orthodontist.
- If you are elderly, cannot remove and insert your aligners into your mouth. If you cannot remove your aligners to clean your mouth, it could lead to tooth decay and other complications.
Children who are too young to heed to instructions needed to care for their aligners may not be suitable candidates for Invisalign.
Invisalign for teens
Invisalign has a special variant called Invisalign Teens. The aligners are similar to those worn by adults. With Invisalign Teens, teenagers can comfortably participate in any type of sports or play wind instruments during treatment. All they have to do is remove the aligners before the event and put them in immediately after the event.
Your teens can also eat anything as there are no food restrictions, unlike treatment with braces where foods like popcorn, corn on the cobs, and several other foods are restricted.
Invisalign is a great orthodontic treatment for teens who have issues with self-esteem because of how they look. With Invisalign, your teens would be able to smile as the invisible aligners straighten their teeth.
Orthodontic issues Invisalign can treat
Invisalign is suitable for the treatment of several orthodontic problems such as:
- Open bite
- Gap teeth
- Crowded teeth
Straightening the teeth with Invisalign results in healthier gums, improve oral health, and better appearance. Almost all cases of misalignment that can be treated with metal braces can also be treated with Invisalign. The only difference is that Invisalign offers you comfort and fewer restrictions.
Is Invisalign procedure easy and painless?
If you have concerns about pain during your Invisalign treatment, long and frequent follow-up visits, you have nothing to worry about because the Invisalign procedure is painless, and requires fewer follow-up visits.
Getting Invisalign requires the following procedures.
- Scheduling an appointment with your orthodontist for your consultation
- Meeting with your orthodontist for a consultation to check if you are a suitable candidate for Invisalign.
- If you are a suitable candidate, your orthodontist will perform digital x-rays on you, take your tooth impressions, and photographs of your teeth.
- Your orthodontist will design your aligner then bond temporary fasteners to your teeth that will stay in place until your treatment ends. You can decide to remove the fasteners.
- Your aligners will be changed after every two weeks until your teeth are moved to their right position. The aligners are made using special software which predicts the movement of the teeth at every stage of the treatment.
Each new set of aligners may feel a bit uncomfortable, but within a few days, your teeth would adjust to it. For the aligners to be effective, you need to wear them for 20 – 22 hours every day so they will be on your teeth while you sleep, but you can remove them to eat, drink, brush, and floss your teeth. After your treatment, you may need retainers to keep your teeth in their new position.
Do insurance plans cover Invisalign?
Most insurance plans cover Invisalign. Call your insurance provider to find out if Invisalign is included in your insurance plan. Some dentists also accept payment plans where you make an initial down payment then pay up the balance in the months that follow.
Contact London Braces Clinic today on 020 374574520 to book an appointment for your Invisalign consultation in London.